View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #23
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.Bond View Post
I’m thinking that this would be like watching a train wreck. No offense but writing takes passion. It’s possible you are such a fantastic writer that you could pull this off but I would crash and burn… LOL... Actually I wouldn’t but I would just turn the thing into dark erotica and probably shock a few people, my husband included.

Romance has some very specialized requirements – that’s the thing that’s going to get you, the paranormal part is a lot easier (half of them seem to have weak world building at IMHO) but it is really just the spice in the stew – Romance is the meat of the story. And even if you did a fantastic job you would now have a bunch of PNR fans and they would demand another PNR from you. Then what would you do?
You are absolutely correct. The experiment didn't work at all. Luckily I only got a paragraph into it and I'm not going to torture anyone with that paragraph.

My primary genre is fantasy and the more I write, the more it becomes certain to me. My secondary genre is . . . weird. Anything that's just weird or off the wall.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote