View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #14184
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I just finished reading "The Violets of March" by Sarah Jio. Why I even forced myself to finish it is beyond me. Oh, I know why. I paid the full b--dy over-inflated e-book price for it over a year ago (the receipt said 12.95 what what I thinking???? and the current amazon price is over 16 bucks!) as it sat in my Kobo account all this time and I was looking through it and thought, "Oh, I haven't yet read this one!" (because i couldn't get into it).

The writing was boring boring boring. Major characters drop hints continually about a "big family secret", and then when asked for more details, "I am NOT here to talk about it." Her sleuthing gets instant results when 60 year olds had been searching for over 3 decades with no results? I wanted to love it.

I am now currently reading one of my DANL buys which was a free download last month, "Cowboy Crazy", and it's making up for my disappointment of the aforementioned "book".
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote