View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #29
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
With TOC and images it will be perfect. I can't wait. Atlantis word processor knows already to export in EPUB format but I did not try it though there is a "30 days free" version with all features.

I think this is definitely the way to go. In a dreamworld, OpenOffice users should be able to export in EPUB format as easily as they can export in PDF format.
No need to learn a new trade or use any new heavy and cumbersome tool.

Maybe you will have also to provide your future users with a "model" (an .ott file) which works without a hitch with your extension.

I really wish you all the best.

I managed already to export successfully with your latest issue and OO 3.2 a "plain" EPUB (that is without structure).

BTW your "textcleaner" extension for Gutenberg files work a little slower than my macro but it's more clever and the end result is better...

and also, I picked up this on the escape thread, if it can be of any help but I do not understand everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardigp View Post
We will evaluate including images. There are complications with how OO handles images in XHTML, exports as Base64 and sizes them proportionally to a 96dpi version of the OO page. The result is the image is probably too small. We didn't want to hold the app back while wrestling with this problem.

So one solution is a bit ugly. We can use an image paragraph style, which then has the filename in it, and you have to have the image file in the input location. We then have to handle title/alt text for ePub validity as well.

Maybe we will do both. But the answer to the $100 question is, not sure when we will get around to it.

Last edited by roger64; 02-23-2010 at 09:24 PM.