View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #703
samosa
Groupie
samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, AuraHD, AuraH2O, GloHD, Mini, DXG, PW123, Voyage, NookSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yes, I am organized. I don't keep my entire catalog on my Kobo. I keep next in series, 1st in series, non-series, and some favorite author collections on the Kobo.

I keep my catalog on my Nexus 7 and Nook HD tablets. A large catalog of ebooks doesn't affect their speed at all. Whereas eink devices are affected by large catalogs of books (IMO). I did once experiment with putting a huge catalog on my Kobo Glo (not all at one time). I didn't find that it was really necessary to have them ALL on there.

I have maybe 1800 documents on my Kobo Aura, which hardly uses any of the internal space. (Lots are short stories). I can keep the same 1800 on all my Kobos, that way, whichever one I grab, the book I want is there. (Although I don't have that many on my Mini's).
I agree with you about the speed issue. Though Kobo claims that their readers can deal with 32GB external SD cards, in my experience they can deal with 3 or 4GB of contents on cards at most.

Some of the books I bought from Kobo are seriously huge... may be they have photos in there, which is why they are so big. I hope they will solve this issue eventually. The Kobos eReaders are simply not coping well with large amount of files. The Nooks I have do pretty well in comparison. After inserting a SD card loaded with books into a Kobo, it will take half a day to catalog the contents (I think that's what it's doing with a bar counting percentages), but do the same to a Nook ST and I can switch it on and start reading straightaway.
samosa is offline   Reply With Quote