View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #26
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
They could offer non-DRM epub support, that could attract a number of folks to buying a Kindle, because people could easily bring over all their epubs to the device without having to convert first.

So people with substantial epub libraries could just strip them of DRM and move over to the Kindle ecosystem without a hitch. I know I've converted some epubs to mobi, but I prefer the way the epubs look and function.

Besides, as it is, there are certainly other places that one can buy .mobi books without DRM and Amazon isn't worrying about that affecting their business.
Amazon is not interested in selling Kindle devices to people who don't buy from Amazon. The Kindles are only an Amazon content delivery platform, Amazon is not making a lot of money on them. So this will never happen. It is more likely that they will make it more difficult to read outside content.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote