View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
It's a way of punishing corporations that take advantage of individuals.
Are we talking about civil copyright infringement where the copyright owner is suing for punitive damages, or are we talking about criminal infringement where the government is prosecuting for punitive damages? It sounds like your examples would be criminal infringement.

My interpretation of what khalleron said is that he didn't think punitive damages in a civil case were necessarily a good thing.

Does not registering the copyright also limit the government's prosecution during a criminal case? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know for sure.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote