View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I know plenty of bad English writers that are quite good coders and plenty of good English writers that can't write a sniff of code in my experience (I've been a coder off an on for more than a decade). I do believe that the structure invovled in writing good prose could be beneficial to coders in structuring both thought and logic, but I don't believe bad English skills = bad software. Bad software in my experience is based on inadequate business understanding for the problem(s) that need to be solved. I can throw as much talent as I want a business problem, but if it's ill-defined and prone to changes along the development timeline, it will be crappy.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote