View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
9littlebees
Connoisseur
9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice

Device: Sony Xperia Arc; Kobo Glo
Just did a quick test on my Glo. I could click on the story links in the various sections, which took me to the relevant stories. Then, at the end of each story, there is a "Section Menu" and "Main Menu" link in a footer, and these also work.

Two caveats, though:
  1. The links do not look different to normal text, so you would need to know they are there (obvious for stories in the menus, and the footer options).
  2. The section links in the main menu are very hard to select properly. I found it next to impossible to go to "International", as it either only recognised the option above and below. Increasing the font fixed this, but if you like reading in a smaller font (what I had for my default size), you'd have to constantly change settings every time you wanted to navigate the main menu.

But yeah, it basically works without any major issues whatsoever. I'll include this newspaper functionality in my big Glo review, which I will hopefully be able to post on the weekend.
9littlebees is offline   Reply With Quote