View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #30
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
So... since you already have the decompiled file, you're almost there. Just change the numbers - for a start, I suggest this:
Code:
}, new Object[] {
"mobireader.default.font.size.list", new int[] {
17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17,
17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17
}
}, new Object[] {
"topazreader.default.font.zoom.factors", new int[] {
190, 190, 190, 190, 190, 190, 190, 190
}
Rename the class to ReaderResources_en (that is, change the class name inside the source code, and the file name). Make sure that you have directories corresponding to the package name. I.e. you will need a directory "com", a directory "amazon" inside "com", etc.

Compile the class (I haven't done this by hand for ages, but "javac com/amazon/.../ReaderResources_en.java") should do. Finally, zip up the entire com directory, and rename the zip file to .jar. Drop the jar file onto the Kindle, reboot, and see if it changed.

PS: No, you can't just use a hex editor to patch the class file. You would simply break the class.
PPS: Be extra careful when compiling - make sure that you compile for Java 1.4. IIRC, there is a "targetVersion" (or so) switch to javac.

Last edited by ixtab; 09-14-2012 at 07:44 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote