View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy still View Post
Another point has just occured to me, if I wanted to buy a protected mobipocket book on the Cybook, I believe I just enter the unique number provided by the reader to protect the DRM. Would it be the same on the Sony if say I wanted to buy a book from Fictionwise (assuming they can supply one) ?
The Fictionwise books for the Sony are not protected files. They are part of what Fictionwise calls their "Multiformat" series. You buy the book and download it in a number of formats (Sony, LIT, Mobi, etc.) You can even download the same book in several formats.

At the moment only Sony sells protected books for the Sony. Fictionwise also sells protected (DRM) books in the Mobi, LIT, eReader, and PDF formats (as I remember.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote