View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps it is, but what use is a page number if it doesn't get you to the point in the book where you want to go? You said that you had read half of a book on another reader, and then bought a Kindle DX. Even if the Kindle did support page numbers, the page numbers that you had remembered on the other reader would be useless to you, because they wouldn't correspond on the Kindle. I really don't see what you would have gained, at all.

The Kindle supports collections, of course, which are very like folders.
Harry. collections are not folders. You cant create a folder on PC and just upload it to a device. I had like 150 docs on the device I had to group using collections. It was pretty uncomfortable and time consuming. May be you can argue its good to have tags instead of real folders but again I d prefer just having folders. I tried other device with folder support and it was very comfy and fast.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote