View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanKSeanK View Post
Greetings,

I'm lucky enough to have access to a subtantial number of ebooks from work (IT related) and have accumulated a number of ebooks in disparate formats since starting to read them on a Palm Pilot (aging myself here.)

I have been a user of Caliber for some time; it's a great tool for organizing thousands of ebooks. I had been using the portable version on Win7 as it had been a bit easier for keeping and backing up my library.

I've just gotten a Mac laptop after using mostly Win and Linux machines for 15 years and am trying to transfer my books and fairly extensive custom metdata to the new beast.

My problem is this: it's fairly clear where I put the "Calibre Library" folder on the Mac; where to I put the "Calibre Settings" folder?

I'm concerned about doing this incorrectly and losing the custom metadata.

Many thanks,

SK
Your custom metadata is IN the Library folder (metadata.db)

Preferences includes your user settings, plugins and their settings

If calibre has been installed:
Preferences: Miscellaneous: click the button;
LEAVE THE FOLDER OPEN
Shutdown Calibre
Replace the contents with your backup (from the old system)
Run Calibre (adjust the Library location setting if asked
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote