View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #443
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
I realize that I have finished a couple of audiobooks this month:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling, read by Stephen Fry. Still my favorite book in the series, and Fry's narration is a delight, no matter how often I have already listened to this in the past ten years.

The Magic of Reality by Richard Dawkins. A YA book about science and what makes the world real to us. It was narrated by the author and Lalla Ward. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper, the second (and best) book in the series of the same title. It tells the story of Will Stanton, the seventh son of a seventh son, who discovers on his eleventh birthday that he is an Old One. The day also marks the beginning of a new battle between the Light and the Dark.
This book is another old favorite of mine.

How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell, the first book in the Hiccup series. Hiccup is the son of a chief Viking, but he has been rather useless at being a hero, until he acquires Toothless, a rather special dragon. This was highly enjoyable and the narration was a hoot. David Tennant reads the book with his natural Scottish accent and I think I'll have to get the rest of the series just because of this.

The Prisoner of NaNoWriMo by Craig Robertson. National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) becomes a real nightmare for the main character, because he is determined to participate, he just can't think of what to write about. Funny situations follow. It was narrated by the author himself and friends and is available for free at Podiobooks.

Nearly finished: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, narrated by Davina Porter. Even though I am not a fan of (historical) romance, the Outlander series is just great. I already have the next book on my TBR.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote