View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboyk View Post
This only other, minor issue, I have is with respect to the page count. On the ePub that I purchased, when I view the book, along the footer it displays "Page X of Y" with regards to how many pages there are in the current chapter (Y) and what page I'm on (X), this updates with each page turn, and dynamically changes depending on margin size, font size, etc.
Be careful; when you buy a book from the Kobo site and download via the Touch (or Kobo Desktop) you're not actually getting an ePub version; rather, you are getting what we have nicknamed a kePub. This is ONLY viewable via a Kobo device or application. You can easily tell that what you are reading is in this format by the page # display; the (X) of (Y) within the chapter.

To get an actual ePub version you need to go to the http://kobobooks.com website, logon with your ID / password, and then head the to the My Library link. Once there, the Purchased tab will list all the books you have bought. Along side each one should be a Download ePub format button that will download an ACSM file, that when opened will invoke Adobe Digital Edition (ADE) to download the DRM protected ePub.

If you then transfer this via ADE onto your Kobo and open it, the page number will be (X) of (Y) within the book!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote