View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #52
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
There must be more people who prefer 3 x 4 or 4 x 3 for reading. After all, almost all of the eInk devices from the major players use a 600 x 800 screen (which is 3 x 4). The only player to use a longer screen recently was Sony in their PRS-900 and PRS-950, both of which are discontinued. Thus only 600 x 800 screens are currently being used for 6 inch screens. I think the probably soon to be extinct Kindle DX is also 3 x 4 ratio though a larger screen overall.
Which doesn't really have anything to do with what I posted, which was that paper mass market books are closer to the 16:9 ratio (I think). Most people take what's available and eInk screens are predominantly manufactured in 3:4, but that doesn't necessarily make the other ratio bad, unwanted or anything else.

Personally I've tried both and I guess it doesn't make much difference to me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote