View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #61
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Call your credit card company ASAP.

Some time ago, I ordered something online and when the package arrived it was mangled and empty. The shipper did not require a signature from me, but I was home when the package arrived and picked it up within minutes of it being delivered, so I knew the package arrived empty.

I called the company who shipped it to me and explained to them what happened. They advised me to call my credit card company and told me the credit card company would credit my account and investigate it.

A few weeks later, the delivery guy knocked at my door and asked me about the package. Apparently, the shipping company was asserting that the delivery guy stole the stuff in my package (he was going to have to pay for it). I explained the situation to him and gave him the mangled envelope. That was the last I heard of it. The charge was removed from my account and I hope the delivery guy didn't have to pay because it was obvious to me that something happened to it, probably during sorting, that caused the package to be damaged and the material inside it to be lost.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote