View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I think you miss the point Graham.
Haven't you just made the same point I did though? You've picked figures for sales where the author would be ahead if the price were lower. You could have picked figures where the author ended up better off. My point was that Amazon would have been doing the same calculations, and have judged that the time for deep discounts was over.

HoraceWimp's comments about the different pricing structures were valid, if the author was in one where he got the same amount per sale regardless of the price Amazon were to set.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote