View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I'm not sure the book really counts as fan fiction. Steven Brust has over a dozen books in print and was approached by Whedon's producers (or someone like that) to write the novel... then the contract fell through and Brust was left with a complete novel and no way to publish it commercially.
Yes, that's a very good distinction. The book is excellent by commercial standards, and he really captures the Firefly "feel". I included it here more because it's additional material for Firefly, but not the original series of or official movies. But your point is well-taken and I probably owe Steven Brust an apology for grouping his novel together with such things.

These fan productions do always seem to be much harder and longer and more work than expected. It's not easy to do quality writing or audio or movies! But I hope multiple groups to finish their work, even if we still have some waiting to do!

Last edited by Bob Russell; 08-24-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Typo
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote