View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
thusly
thusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura aboutthusly has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Dark Line at Bottom of Glo Screen

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Kobo Glo tonight, and have generally been quite pleased with it. One thing I kept seeing throughout reviews, though, was how even the Glo's light distribution is.

While the upper portion of the display looks flawless, near the bottom I have a fairly noticeable darker-coloured band:

This photo was taken with the brightness almost at the very minimum, but at max brightness it's still there. With the "light indicator" section at the bottom set to solid, the gray line isn't noticeable of course, but I much prefer not having that black band there.

I'd love to hear from other Glo owners ― is this present on your device as well? I can live with it if it's the norm, but if it's not, I'll likely do an exchange.

Thanks for your time.
thusly is offline   Reply With Quote