View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 04:07 AM   #8
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
For something to be a crime, there has to be a victim. A billions-of-dollars industry in the habit of sucking the content producers (artists) dry while complaining about 'losing' even more billions of (as I just explained) imaginary profit loss responding with a ham-fisted approach of suing random people (occasional mistake? Ha!) does not have my sympathy. And with the newer P2P protocols, there is very little difference between "uploaders" and "downloaders" - which is where these lawsuits go all wrong.

They were screaming murder when cassette tapes and walkmans came out, they were screaming murder when blank CDs came out, they are doing it again and frankly, I am tired of them and I hope they sink in the tarpit they chose for themselves.

Buying a CD does not support the artist, it lines the pockets of the distributors. Visiting a gig and buying the t-shirt, that is what supports artists. Buying the CD directly from the artists, that is what supports artists.

Like the guys that used to produce horse buggy whips, the era of the distributor middle man monopoly has ended. They should reinvent themselves, and instead they are fighting and alienating their customers. Zero sympathy, and the same goes for the MPAA. I just hope book publishers won't choose the same route.

Last edited by acidzebra; 08-04-2008 at 04:43 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote