View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
As far as I know the only difference with using different profiles tends to be with images (as you have found) that are re-sized if necessary to fit the resolution for the selected profile.
Thanks for confirming. So it seems that most people with multiple kinds of devices don't worry much about this.

I suppose a more accurate automatic solution would require an auto-conversion for every Send, even if Sending the same format, with auto-selection of output profile based on device detected, which would have a time lag for the conversion that most users wouldn't want. I doubt I'd want that… And I suppose it's more complicated, there's the issue of which input profile and which output profile were previously used to produce the input format that is used in this auto-conversion...

Last edited by unboggling; 09-26-2012 at 10:17 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote