View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
No, it's not always in the same place. Sometimes I'll get a couple words in really light text at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes I'll also see a couple words light at the bottom of the screen and there will be like a light rectangular box behind them.

The book in the picture is the Sony supplied "Around the World in 80 Days". I probably should try some other books, though today, the unit seems to be behaving better.

However, another issue has come to light, I had put a short "test" text memo on the device, and then deleted it, however, it keeps coming back. I've deleted it three times so far, each time it appears gone, but then it returns. Oddly, after I delete it, the two line message on the Text Memo screen looks normal. But if I go back to the Text Memo screen later, it ALWAYS has the left side of that two line message darker than the right side. In exactly the same places.

I did try to adjust the view, but none of that helps, and I don't like the Saturated look AT ALL.

I just want to be sure I'm not getting stuck with a buggy device, because honestly, I think the light/dark text thing would bug me as much or more as the screen flipping issue. Which has not occurred so far on this reader (two days in) and only occurred twice on hubby's T-1.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote