View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I havent played with it much but I'm finding a little trouble downloading directly using the web browser.

Using the Calibre content server I get prompted and download the ebook fine (adds to my documents folder, all is well).

Using a website created with Calibre2Opds (I think makes a better website, more browseable with the Kindle) I get a page full of obscure characters when trying to download an ebook (like it has tried opening the file inside the browser).

Using just a directory listing of the webserver to download the ebook (no funny filenames/space) I get the same page full of obscure characters.

Each test has been done with a .mobi so no issues there. Currently for me Calibre Content Server is the winner. Yet to test sites such as Baen and Gutenberg.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote