View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #312
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
It's not surprising. The Robert Downey Jr ones were designed to be action/thrillers, which is definitely what Sherlock Holmes fans would expect. Not. On the plus side, they have increased the number of teenagers who read Sherlock Holmes. I'm most acquainted with Basil Rathbone, but I see Netflix (disks) has a fair number of movies done in the 80s starring Jeremy Brett. Added them to my wish list.
I'm weird, then. I love the books, hate every TV version, and adore the RDJ movies. I'm not even a movie person--especially not action/thrillers--at best, I'll sit through 1-2 movies a year, usually not in a theater. (Nor am I anywhere near being a teenager.) No, they're not canon, but for what they were, they were well done.

The books, I reread about twice a year.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote