View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #22
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes. And again...it's a little bit like reinventing the wheel, isn't it? I mean, if you clean something in Word, first...normally, you'd export the HTML, do some regex in your fave html editor, then to Sigil. This way, AWP, you'd end up doing all your regex in Sigil, right? I mean, clean in Word, put in AWP, I assume some minor stuff in AWP, then export to ePUB....Hmmm....I should have to think about that. I guess I'll try AWP, just to see if it's somewhat equivalent, process-wise, but I don't see it saving us much time. I might be better off just creating clips, or an AHK script to use some of the utilities available out there, but...dang.
Hitch
You're right, of course, it's sort of crossing the river to get water (danish proverb, don't know the english equivalent) I use AWP sometimes for setting up epic poems, the code made by it is so clean that I can insert my own stylesheet in Sigil afterwards with almost no cleaning-up.

Otherwise we use Notetab with a lot of in-house clips and AHK scripts for keyboard shortcuts to proces the tekst, MS Word only for spellchecking - (the hunspell checker is not good enough for our strange & beautiful language, and no grammar control) -, back to Notetab and last Sigil to polish the job, so to speak

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote