View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #326
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay... I get this now.

what you are experiencing is this lack of ioctls specific to the device.

There are a few options... easiest would be to add a

while :; do eips ''; usleep 90000; done;
in some other shell..

that works fine.

I will machinate on it some more.

Works okay on mine now with this extra little "poke" to the graphics...

I did this...

ON PC

vncpasswd (enter 8 digit password)

x11vnc -rfbauth ~/.vnc/passwd -bg -accept "popup" -gone "popup" -rfbport 5900 -gui tray=minimal,iconfont=14x17 -forever -noxdamage -shared &

Quote:
Not only does this provide on-screen verification to allow or disallow connections, it also provides an ugly tray icon that changes color whenever someone connects! Of course, if you don't care about receiving such notifications then remove the "accept" and "gone" arguments.
ssh root@kt
Quote:
Welcome to KT (192.168.1.70 & 192.168.15.244)
[root@kindle root]# /mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh -password <ThePassword> <ComputerIP>

and then...

ssh root@kt
Quote:
Welcome to KT (192.168.1.70 & 192.168.15.244)
[root@kindle root]# while :; do eips ''; usleep 90000; done;

I did play with the auto-script a bit... refactoring much of it out to variables..
perhaps I will revisit but this and publish a more general purpose updated one.

However the above "tests the functionality works" and outlines your update problem.

Hope that helps

Last edited by twobob; 10-05-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: script notes..., vncpasswd not vncpassword, ioctls - why cant I type!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote