Thread: Glo Using a SD card.
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by stethorn View Post
Hi someone set a load of books up on calibre for me, around 4000, most I have never heard off and will never read. But I am curious, If I was to stick all of those on a 32 GB sd card, will it slow the Glo down ? I have seen a kindle with a 1000 books on, when you searched it locked up till it found what it needed, once the book was loaded it was fine. Would this be the case with the Kobo, once you had searched for the book, found it and loaded it, then it would run just as normal?

Also does the Kobo index books like the kindle does, i only know about this due to 2 years ago when I got my kindle keyboard, I copied a load of books on and the battery died due to the amount of work it was doing.

So far I am loving the Kobo over the kindle, few things I am unsure about but will post questions here and work around them :-)

Cheers

Ste
I currently have 3000, books seems to be fine for me. Though I read somewhere that the books are best kept in one directory and I have by ebookshere\author\title

The Kobo can store over 30k on a 32 gb sd card

Good luck.

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote