Thread: Tablet Nook Tablet Pros-Cons
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #17
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
I have both the Nook Tablet (running CM9 off an SD card) and the Nexus 7 (running stock ROM) and I find them functionally comparable & interchangeable for my use (mostly email and web-surfing, some reading, occasionally watching movies). Side-loading content are equally easy on both devices. I sinstalled and use identical sets of apps on both devices (Opera Mobile browser, Mantano ereader, MX video player, etc.).

The NT with CM9 (or CM7) functions just like any full-fledged Android device. Although CM9 has been wonderfully reliable its developers has not advanced it beyond alpha release, so having to update it once a month is a bit of a pain.

I bought the N7 in part because of the prospect of having a Tablet running full Android with stock ROM out of the box. But it does not have an SD card slot, and it turns out that support of USB-attached storage media (to compensate for lack of SD-based storage) requires the N7 to be rooted (and re-rooted following each firmware update)!!!

Hardware wise the N7 is more powerful -- graphic/video is noticeably sharper and rendering is smoother, yet it seems to last longer on a battery charge (purportedly because of Tegra 3's "low-power companion CPU core" feature).

Overall, it's hard for the NT to stay competitive at its original price.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote