View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #97
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I've tried lots of other writing software, though not Write Way. The more I learn about Scrivener, the more I like it. I've just discovered the "Collections" which I imagine would be very useful: for tracking characters; things I need to do; storylines etc in a way which outlines can't.

I'm afraid I agree with VydorScope re Word vs Free word processors. I downloaded Open Office when I first got my current laptop after the other broke down. I thought Writer was very much like Wordpad, lacking the massive capabilities of Word. I was so relieved when this lappy accepted the Works Suite 2005 disc which contained Word 2002. I even managed to download (from MS) the part to make the Assistants work (love the cat!). I animate the cat when I'm bored or thinking.

I think that Scrivener and Word would work well together. Scrivener even recommends creating the first draft in Scrivener, then exporting, via RTF to a word processor for polishing and creating the final draft.

I love the way the trial version allows you to SAVE, so many trials of writing software meanly don't. I even noticed that last year they allowed an extended trial for Nanowrimo participants with a 50% off coupon for winners. It impresses me that there's good service, just in case I need advice or something goes wrong.

I'll try WriteWay, but I think I'm probably going to ask for Scrivener.

Will keep you updated.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote