View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
...4G cards are selling for under $10 on sale at the local Walgreens drug chain. Why risk E-bay?
Yeah, I only mentioned the e-bay caution thing cuz you (dacatt) didn't say where you were shopping for your card. Naturally, if you don't have an mp3 player, then this is a convenient way to go. But as theducks has emphasized by listing the general content of his not-even-close-to-filled 4g card, you don't HAVE to spend the money on a 16g card.

On the other hand, with that cool 16 shades of gray capability of the 6 Plus (which makes no difference for reading), I'd be temped to load it with photos -- especially with the folder capability of the EZ Readers --, and 16g could fill up fast.

Guess that would make a slideshow feature in the firmware useful, although you could get the same by putting a series of photos into a pdf file. (Just scanned some books into pdf for my wife's iPad, so that slideshow notion just popped into my head. Getting off subject now, so I'll stop.)
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote