View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #14
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Dickens. Everyone should read Dickens. If you've never read any of his novels I'd suggest either "Oliver Twist" or "Great Expectations" as good ones to start with.
Hey HarryT, earlier in this thread I mentioned that a colleague at work was giving his opinion on what a classic is. He actually said - "Do you think people will still be reading Dickens in a 100 more years?"

From that I gathered that he didn't find Dickens classic enough somehow. In my mind, Dickens is automatically in the classics category but I think that without intimate experience as I've only ever read A Christmas Carol.

Have you ever considered or had discussions about Dickens somehow not being sufficiently timeless to retain relevancy through this century?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote