Thread: Signed Books
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I've owned signed books, but it has never been that big of a deal to me, and in fact, having replaced the titles with ebooks, I recently sold most of them on eBay. I have one left, it will get sold as well.

I think the thing is, all of them were acquired from booksellers during a brief "book collecting" phase and just didn't have real personal meaning for me.

Books that DO have personal meaning tend to be titles I was given as a child, or bought myself as a child or particularly liked the cover art for them as an adult.

I went to some pains to re-acquire a few paperback versions of stories I'd loved as a child simply because I also loved the cover art for those particular editions.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote