View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Ok, so let me sum up, if i have a correct overview of what is already possible and what will definately come (please feel free to correct me):

Scribbles:
They already can be merged automatically into a new PDF.
But there is no information added to the TOC.

But with special PDF-software it is possible to show a list of all scribbles, because they are stored as comments.
What software can do this? I guess Acrobat?
Any alternatives?
Do these scribble-comments have hyperlink functionality in this software?

Highlights of text:
Can be exported as TXT (with personal annotations? i.e. adding text like the page number?)
How is the TXT-file handled, if the PDF is closed and later the highlighting continues?
for exporting the text it is always exported in a text file but it also stays in the original file (don''t know how it is stored)
Is the data appended to the existing file, an additional file added, or the old file overwritten?
not sure where they are stored. when you resume the highlighting, the old highlights are already shown in the file althogh they are not stored in the file.

Work already in progress:
*Highlights of text will also be stored in PDFs like scribbles ("Merge highlights along with scribble into new PDF").
*Annotation information visible in Table of Contents (ToC).
*Hide and display scribbles and/or annotations on pdf files on the M92 at will.

Further work already in progress:

*Chronology for each book – means saving and showing of last (let say 10 or another configurable value) opened pages in a book. So a reader can easily go for example to a register/addendum and back to the last read page (show taskbar let say by long holding the OK button) - A HUGE THING FOR EFFICIENT READING - jumping to TOC, to references or the Index and back.

*Column Zoom mode - navigating along column with buttons, flipping to other column at end/beginning of current column

Correct?
correct
wrong
don't know, ask Onyx or Booxtor
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote