View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I remember a book forever after reading it once, yes.
I also remember what cheesecake tastes like, and can often think about it without needing to consume it.

But once in a while I need to actually revisit that same "literary taste" via the same story again. I love the thrill of getting "close to my favorite part".

Quote:
Synamon said:
Editorial comment: ebooks have made me into a paying customer for publishers and authors, so from my perspective their fears of ebooks and piracy are bullshit.
Likewise with me and the ability to borrow e-books from the library so easily has over the past year turned me into a paying customer because I can "get to the library" more often to access more books. This helps me pick my "keepers" and the fears of piracy are total bull - I'll buy even the printed book, but admit to buying used printed books if I can get my hands on them quicker.

I have bought two paperback books sight unseen on the recommendation of my husband who was SO impressed with an interview on the radio by the authors that he even phoned me in the middle of work and asked me to stop into the bookstore to buy them. We enjoyed them so much. I was only willing to take his recommendation seriously because he is normally VERY frugal about book buying, so when he says "run to the bookstore", who am I to argue? It has to be something he knows will mean a lot to us. And he was right.

Because I only buy "keepers", and because I like to re-read my keepers, my book lifestyle makes it crucial that I read a book from the library first. I would buy more if I had more flexibility on the entertainment budget. I can see myself ten years from now when my youngest is grown buying way more books than I do. But I buy in the most frugal way possible, even sometimes saying no to some "keepers". That's just life. We all have budgets and priorities.

edit: I also did click "other" because there are times when I am flexible. But those times are hard to recall or predict.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 02-13-2012 at 05:52 PM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote