View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 02:52 AM   #604
tacitus
tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tacitus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Well, as you say it works on the devices, I can't argue--I have to assume that Calibre subsequently parses that and makes it work. If I put that in an ePUB I was going to convert via KG or KP, it would display asterisks with a 2x font-size, not blank paragraphs. I assume that you'll download a copy of the on-sale book ASAP, and check it in real devices, etc.? (Sorry: I don't recall which devices you said you had or don't have).
The HTML was post-Calibre, though pre-KindleGen, and I tested it on a Kindle Touch, the Android Kindle App (Nexus 10), and the web preview. They all looked fine. I'll be asking my friends to report any formatting issues back to me on their devices, so I should hear if anything is too badly amiss. It wouldn't be terrible if I had to change something -- it only affects a couple of pages.

Quote:
No, but we know that there are still literally millions of K-1's, K-2's, DX's and early K3's (that didn't upgrade) out there.
Nice to know, but it would be very helpful if Amazon would publish actual usage stats. They wouldn't even have to publish numbers, just a piechart showing the proportional share of each device type. At some point, K7 device usage will shrink to the point where it won't be worth maintaining both formats, and it and its quirks will go the way of IE6.

Anyway, I guess we're wandering way off topic here...
tacitus is offline   Reply With Quote