View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
I have absolutely no need for the store button on the standard KT interface. I don't shop in the Amazon store and I haven't even registered my KT.

So how can I repurpose the store button?

A simple first step is to replace the store button image with one that is less ugly. Copy the attached image to your kindle and type this:
Code:
mntroot rw; cp space_invader.png /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/assets/search_bar/store.png ; mntroot ro
Afterwards you have to restart cvm or just the complete Kindle and you'll get a stylish little glyph where the ugly shopping cart was.
That's not enough for 5.1.*. There is an additional (inverted) store_active.png - but that's just a minor detail.

Quote:
But that doesn't change its function yet. Does anybody know how to do this?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178752

Quote:
I'm currently still on 5.0.4 so I guess using nativeBridge.dbgCmd would have been an option but as we all know this will disappear with 5.1.1.
It already disappeared with 5.0.3

Quote:
As far as I have come I think we have to inject an application into the lipc event system on the KT. If you have a html/js application on the KT that's probably easy as you can use wafapp to load that app. But there is no possibility to call a Java or native app from that web application?

Does anybody know how to do a lipc conforming Java or native app?
I personally don't have first-hand experience, but it doesn't seem terribly complicated. You can take a look at the LIPC registry stuff, and a bit further. For instance, com.lab126.draw is a WAF app. It is launched through the native wafapp with a few parameters. You could launch any other native application similarly.
Code:
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.draw','command','/usr/bin/wafapp -l com.lab126.draw -c /var/local/waf/draw/');
While a Java booklet (in this case the home booklet) can be launched like this:
Code:
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.booklet.home','lipcId','com.lab126.booklet.home');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.booklet.home','jar','/opt/amazon/ebook/booklet/home.jar');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.booklet.home','supportedOrientation','U');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.booklet.home','maxLoadTime','40');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.booklet.home','maxGoTime','30');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.booklet.home','defaultContext','context=0');
Needs a bit of experimentation, I guess, but absolutely feasible. Good luck
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote