View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
If I wanted to pack an ereader for an extended trip, I would take my Sony PRS 505. Outside of its cover it is very light and thin, the battery lasts an exceptional length of time, and it handles a good variety of ebook filetypes: LRF (sony's files), epub, txt, rtf, and pdf. Charging can be by its version of power cord, or USB cable. Drawbacks: it is a little sluggish compared to my newer models of ereaders, no wireless capability at all, all books must be downloaded via USB or the SD card. Also, it is a discontinued line, but new and used can still be purchased at places like Amazon.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote