View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #43
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
...Can somebody who uses buttons tell me where it is easier. I must be missing something.

applesauce
I don't particularly like to swipe and whenever possible try to get buttons to turn the pages for me. That is one of the key reasons why I like Sony readers because they always give you both options. It is also the reason why I love the Aldiko reader app because it turns my volume buttons into page turners.

I have no trouble holding my SGP5 in one hand and pushing the volume button to turn the page. The same with my Sony and Nexus. I like using the buttons because I don't end up with a finger printed screen.

And before someone points out you can buy screen protectors, I don't like them, I'd rather keep a clean screen and use the buttons.

The whole reason that manufacturers don't use replaceable batteries is because if we could replace our own batteries we wouldn't be adding to their profits by buying new gear!

If the majority of the people would change their habits and stop replacing perfectly working gear to have the latest and greatest, the manufacturers would adjust.

Which is why they come up with small incremental upgrades every damn year.

Personally I see no need to upgrade any of my current reading devices and will probably keep them for years. When my SGMP5 dies years from now I will probably upgrade to a 5 inch smart phone so that I can continue reading. But I think that is several years away.

This is how I SAVE money!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote