View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #185
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
I'm one of those. To get amazon ebooks onto my Sony T1 I download them to Kindle for PC then move them from the "My Kindle Content" folder to Calibre which automatically removes the drm thanks to a plugin I added. Convert to epub with Calibre and transfer to my Sony.

I always check the other stores first to see if I can get an epub version.
Slightly

Yeah. I am a Linux user. Kindle for PC crashes abominably under wine, but how did you get the calibre plugin to work without a Kindle serial number? Is everyone that lucky?

Before Kindle for PC crashed I managed to get a couple of .azw files to show up on the "My Kindle Content" folder that wine provided and transferred them to my calibre, but nothing happened. I tried every trick in the book I could think of and ended up empty.

Now, I simply transfer my files to calibre without using Wine, and my edited plugin nails every file except the one pesky topaz freebie I had.

Well, for me it was worth the money to buy the cheapest kindle. I kind of like it, even though the only purpose I bought it for was to "get my books" - and it led me to root my T1 which now has Coolreader on it, and I am loving that! So essentially I have the best of both worlds.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 08-15-2012 at 09:19 AM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote