View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #124
AaronShep
Connoisseur
AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.AaronShep could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad
Paul, I would like to make a case for KindleStrip still being very much needed. I understand that we can now omit source files when creating MOBI files with Kindlegen, but this takes care of only one possible workflow. Many of us create our MOBI files by opening the source files in the Kindle Previewer, which does not give us the same option. We need KindleStrip to remove source files after creation.

The same goes for users of Kindle Comic Creator, which uses Kindlegen behind the scenes. Use of this program means you're sending to Amazon KDP a MOBI file created on the desktop. But if the resulting file is over 50 MB, it cannot be submitted to Amazon KDP at all! In that case, the only practical way to bring it under the limit is with KindleStrip. Without it, many KCC users will be simply stuck.

Another use of KindleStrip is to remove source files from previews downloaded from Amazon KDP. I do this regularly to produce smaller files to send by email to reviewers and such. The smaller files are both a convenience and a courtesy, and there is no other way to produce them. Files produced with Kindlegen on the desktop do not contain all the navigation features found in those converted at Amazon KDP.

So, I'm hoping you'll reconsider and keep up development of KindleStrip. I give it a strong recommendation in my book "Pictures on Kindle," and I'd love to keep recommending it in that book's future revisions.
AaronShep is offline   Reply With Quote