View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #21925
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Since it's the last molar in the row, I can't get a bridge or partial for it.
(

Er..... These days there is a new method being used (inside my mouth as I type) for partials for the back molars. I am using a two-tooth model on the top right and a one-tooth model on the bottom left. Both are for the most rearward molars, and very secure. And instead of the old-stlye "bar across the mouth" that was used for partials in the past, the new ones use a plastic that grips the two teeth forward of the space as well as wrapping around the gum line. VERY comfortable, no 'sticky glue' needed to hold them in place, and very natural looking, even if used for more frontal teeth. I just did a Google search, but could only find the old style with the bar across the pallet. But ask your dentist about these if you don't want to go the implant route. I've been using them for the past two years, and have nothing but good things to say about the way they feel and work.

Fortunately, Japan's medical coverage extends to dentistry as well, so the costs were considerably reduced. Even so, these damn things are pricey!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote