View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #142
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
I was thinking about this. If someone put together a DRM-free DVD of great science fiction that would be at least 5000 books, probably over 10k because of the number of short stories and novellas etc. Most of those I'd be able to buy the pbook of for about $5 or so if I scrounged around, but it would involve a lot of work. But even at $1/book that's going to be one expensive DVD, $5/book would be almost insane given the actual amount of data.
I would never buy 5000 books. I read 100-150 books a year and that is maybe 30 new books I buy per year. I would happily buy these 30 books as ebook if they were available.