View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 07:32 AM   #9
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
If you look you'll see they've been trying to store the last accessed document in /mnt/settings/er_registry.txt...

Technically this isn't "suspend" but it would be useful.

In between rounds of gnashing my teeth over the missing kmod support and getting things like the CD-ROM FS working. I've been exploring power management in the kernel and our good buddy the power switch (and the other buttons).

iRex is providing zero support in this area as they seem to think they have all the kernel work under control and they'd rather have Poppler whacked instead. No pay check, no NDA, no loaner iLiad, no permission to attach my JTAG debugger: no iRex strings == no iRex directives, I work on what I want this way.

I'll take a break and suss out the shutdown logic as I very much down M will drop anything about it. They've got him on an even shorter leash where the hardware internals are concerned.

By the way, if anyone that opened up their iLiad has the raw digital photos they would be useful. iRex has refused to supply any hardware details at all. They seem to feel they can deny the needed knowledge by simply withholding it.

For example, the Philips UCB13XX chip comes in 8 or 9 varieties. It would be helpful to know exactly which version iRex chose and as I mentioned: they refuse to say. This chip likely controls the buttons and is definitely the chip they haven't mastered to turn off the audio. It also runs the Wacom tablet and has support for a microphone. I wish they'd hooked that up...
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote