View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #129
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I purchased my Glo when I was envious of my husband being able to read outdoors on his ipad in the evening. I either needed a light on which attracted insects or I used my little clip on light which I really don't like.
I thought I was being a bit extravagant but I called it a Christmas present and treated myself. I didn't expect to use it other than in low light situations as I was very happy with my Kobo Touch.
I read without the light during the day and when in a well lit room for the first 2 or 3 days but then realised that like many others I really like the look of the screen with the light on. Now I use my Touch as a back up once every week or two while the Glo is charging. For some reason I never remember to charge my reader when I stop reading - I only remember to check the battery when I am about to start.
I would never go back to an unlit device - just like I'd never go back from the Touch.
It's the difference between nite and day. Pun intended. Having a eReader without a back lit screen in today's world is kinda back woods. To be frank (stupid).

Last edited by MrDoug; 02-01-2013 at 11:02 PM.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote