View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #245
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Android is of course based on a Linux kernel, so it may not be very much work to port an existing Linux application to Android. Perhaps someone who knows more about it could comment on that.
I've dabbled in writing applications for my PocketBook 902, and I can say that the InkView SDK for E-Ink devices is rather unique. Sony may use some other software, but it too is probably written specifically for E-Ink. I don't know if you could just couple the default Android graphical display to an E-Ink device. If not, then most of those applications in the Android market would be useless on an E-Ink reader, and so would be lost any advantage to offering an Android device in the first place.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote