View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #33
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-man View Post
Why the choice of /mnt/free/download?
This is mainly due to two reasons:
1. There is a known bug when using WiFi and the CF card at the same time, and I didn't want to run into problems
2. Everybody has /mnt/free, but not everyone has a CF card. So I chose the "common denominator", to say it in maths :-)

Quote:
Can this directory be changed easily? Or would a softlink work (I guess I can't have a softlink on my FAT CF card to /mnt/free/download, but perhaps from /mnt/free/download to /mnt/cf/download?)
/mnt/free is a FAT partition too, so symlinks won't work. But you could try to change the paths in
1. /etc/download/framework and
2. /mnt/free/documents/downloader/manifest.xml

Please report if it works for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-man View Post
Just a weird observation: After clicking on the iDS the first time (when my CF was ejected), and every time afterwards, the "Download history" shows "etc" and "tmp". They are clickable, too, allowing me to view the internal file system
Hmm, never seen this before. The download history resides in /mnt/settings/downloadhistory and is a collection of symlinks, so you might look into that directory...
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote