View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #15468
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And now only my other recent purchase: How Firm a Foundation by David Weber. Continuing his Safehold series, and I hope this one moves a bit faster than the previous one!
No, it didn't.

And his instance on using strange spellings for names to show the "drift" in the language is becoming more and more annoying. Especially when combined with the completely contemporary patterns of speech and vocabulary. One of the characters even refers to a "Pollyanna"!

Far too wordy, and the names are really getting to me. I'm not sure that I'll bother buying the next one in this series, even though it's now available in the UK.

OK, on to something a bit less verbose.

Asimov's SF, February 2013 by Dell Magazines.

With the demise of Fictionwise, I've had to look elsewhere for my copy of this magazine. I'm probably going to be getting it from Amazon, although the DRM is a concern.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote