View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #177
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure25 View Post
Made the big decision to jump ship and preorder the Kindle Paperwhite Wifi. I have the Sony 950, which is 3G/Wifi + touch + buttons + audio. I have only purchased Sony Readers since Sony came out with the first model, the 500. The 950 is a fantastic reader, but the paperwhite glow screen looks amazing. To me, the most important thing is screen quality. The higher pixel density, fonts, and increased white background looks very nice. Plus, the whispersync sounds like a nice option (Sony does not have anything like that) to be able to read across different platforms with everything synced. I have used the audio in the past for listening to music, but its more cumbersome than its worth. Frankly, its easier to use a phone/MP3 player. Can't wait till its released, tho I'm sad to leave Sony... feel like I'm losing a friend.. lol.
I know how you feel. I'm coming from a PRS-505 to the 3G PW. I never used the audio features of my 505 so it not being included in the PW doesn't really bother me. I am going to miss the SD slot but with the 3G, I should always have access to my 5GB of cloud content.

Someone in my family will be getting a shiney new (old) Sony PRS-505 for Christmas. They said they prefer print books but I think I can get them to change their mind.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote