View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
What was the last 5-star book you read?

Just curious! What was the last memorable book you read to which you'd give your highest rating?

For me, the last non-fiction standout was 'The Winter of our Disconnect' by Susan Maushart. It's a memoir of an experiment she did where she 'unplugged' her household (including three teenagers) from all things electronic for six months. She does present some researchy stuff on the internet, technology etc. But for the most part, the book errs on the memoir side, and she's funny, and witty and smart. It was a pleasure to read and a very thought-provoking book.

For fiction, I have to admit, I have been reading a lot of trashy genre stuff lately Most of my more edifying reads this year have been non-fiction. For literature that was truly worth recommending, I'd have to go back to 'Room' by Emma Donoghue, way back in September Very creative idea, and well pulled off.

Anyone else?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote