View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #29
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
When the card went "bad" I tried formatting it in Windows, disk partitioning apps I had, and even sdformatter. Nothing was working and so I was just going to throw it away. For some reason I didn't.

When I saw your post, I thought, what the heck, why not try once more. So I opened up sdformatter, used the middle option (I think it's full erase) and it worked!

So thanks for the suggestion. I might have tried again in the future but I probably would have just thrown it away eventually without trying again.

--Pat
You probably could have also wiped it in Windows Disk Management. It was probably formatted or partitioned in a way that Windows doesn't understand (Linux EXT2/EXT4 file system, etc).

Windows->System->Administrative Tools->Create and Format hard disk partitions. You'd probably have seen the device here (it shows devices even without valid file systems on them), and you could have right click/wiped it there. But you can also do some damage there to a secondary disk drive or something if you aren't PC saavy and wipe the wrong device.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote